The Lexington Bluegrass Area Minority Business Expo
“Building a Bridge to Opportunities”
Thank you for making the 2016 Lexington Bluegrass Area Minority Business Expo a tremendous success! We couldn’t have done it without the support of our dedicated sponsors and your participation.
For the past 14 years the Lexington Bluegrass Area Minority Business Expo has been the premier conference in Kentucky for minority and women owned businesses.
We built it and you came…it was a full day of robust business activity that allowed you to learn, network and connect with other business owners. This year’s conference included inspirational keynote speakers, educational sessions, engaging presenters and so much more!
This year’s Expo featured:
- A new one-day format
- Luncheon keynote, Phil Wilkins, Dream Big Restaurants, LLC
- Afternoon keynote, Tameka Montgomery, with a powerful message: “A Challenge to Minority Business Owners: It is Time for You to Claim Your Rightful Place”
- Conference welcome by Lt. Governor Jenean Hampton
- The Business Opportunity Exchange—with over 40 buyers and more than 75 businesses participating. Buyers and vendors were pre-matched. All meetings were by appointment
- Eight educational sessions including topics like niche marketing, crowdfunding, cyber security, long term business planning, expanding your brand and a special session for the ladies…”So You’ve Started Your Business, Now What?”
- Special Afternoon Session that asked and answered the question: “Is Supplier Diversity Still Relevant in 2016?” featuring Global Diversity and Inclusion Managers from Kroger, Cintas and the City of Cincinnati
- Sold out exhibit space with over 55 exhibitors
- An onsite Small Business Activity Center with 15 key service providers offering personalized help for your business; no appointments needed
- Networking Reception with live music, food, drinks and fun!
- Endless opportunities to network
- A new conference app, free wireless service and online evaluations
Join us next year on August 4, 2017 as we celebrate our 15th anniversary. We’ll see you then!
2016 Conference Chair